Ornate floral petunia mixed metal necklace
In Pennsylvania, where I grew up, we had big porches on the house fronts. In the summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day we spent hours playing, eating and watching the world go by from the front porch.
We watched our small town parades, when half the town marched while the other half watched. And there were petunias, hanging in baskets, or spilling out of pots bigger than we were.
This very ornate floral mixed metal necklace is a masterpiece of the chasing and repousse metal arts. The Argentium silver sheet was hammered from both sides with chisels to create the spray of petunia flowers.
It is presented on a pierced copper back of branches and leaves, hand engraved with the quote: "The earth laughs in flowers" by Emerson.
The pendant is hung from a comfortably shaped necklace of festive red and black Mexican snowflake jasper and closed with a sterling box clasp set with a Rhodocrosite cabochon.
Everything about this necklace makes it a work of art.
- Repousse Argentium silver ornate floral petunia design
- Oxidized Argentium silver is tarnish resistant
- Handworked silver is riveted to hand pierced copper back plate
- Hand engraved quote on back of pendant: "The earth laughs in flowers"
- Carefully shaped necklace of Mexican snowflake jasper stones alternating with small silver nuggets
- Sterling box clasp is set with a Rhodocrosite
- A one of a kind work of art to wear
Size: Necklace: 20 inches; pendant 2.5 inches
I can adjust this piece to fit you. Contact me so we can discuss your personal fit!
Bonus: Comes with a soft flannel tarnish-guard pouch and a specially treated Argentium polishing cloth in a gift box
Studio Insiders also receive:
- A special gift on purchases over $400
- Access to private sales that only insiders can access
- An exclusive newsletter with information you can use
- Behind the scenes peeks into the studio
- Advanced product information
If you aren’t a member sign up, below!
Free shipping within the U.S. ALWAYS